Sunday, June 19, 2011

First time at the Delaware River

In May 2011 I was invited by my friend Bob to visit him at the Delaware River.  The weather was wet, but not windy. 


Bob's camp is very simple and basic.

This place is considered rather dangerous for non-fishermen..

 Bob has a wooden canoe with which we were planning to float the river.

Nice stretch of the river - no roads and no houses

Trout was not active on the surface, so I had spent some time pursuing a quarry new for me - shad.  This huge anadromous herring was biting tiny (#10) & bright wobbler-flies.  Shad was found in the pools.  

I was also able to catch two little brook trout.  One was caught with a Pluchille streamer, and another - with a wobbler-fly. 

Bill was having some luck with dry flies & rainbow trout, but no trophy specimens were landed  

In one of the pools I had landed a little walleye, which bit a 3" long yellow wobbler-fly

A goos protecting its nest.



No comments:

Post a Comment